1st stripe Vocabulary:
- Ashi – foot
- Atama – head
- Atemi – vital points
- Chicara – strength
- Fumi komi – stomp kick
- Genki – vigor, energy or vitality
- Goshi – hip
- Gyaku – reverse
- Hidari – left
- Kakato – heel of foot
- Kagi zuki – hook punch
- Kao – face
- Kata – formal exercise
- Katsu – resuscitation, or being helped
- Kin geri – kick with instep
- Koko – tiger mouth strike
- Kuzushi – to unbalance
2nd stripe Basics:
- Ten step blocking drill using diagonal step into kokutsu dachi and reverse punch.
- Ten step blocking drill using diagonal step into kokutsu dachi and appropriate strikes.
3rd stripe Kicks:
- Mikazuki geri – crescent kick
4th stripe Self defense:
- Forearm choke with wrist held to side.
- Stomp, stomp, punch and elbow, punch and elbow, spin and follow up
- Forearm choke with hammer lock (same and opposite sides).
- Same – Stomp, stomp, kick back, side step, elbow, elbow, groin, face, groin, face, spin out and follow up
- Opposite – Stomp, stomp, kick back, elbow, elbow, spin and elbow locked, arm free and follow up.
5th stripe Sparring:
- Near roundhouse kick into spin hook kick.
- Wide roundhouse kick into spin hook kick.
- Forward crescent kick into spin hook kick.
- Shift, block and spin with back
- Shift, block and spin with back fist, reverse punch.
- Shift, block and spin with __________ kick.
6th stripe Kata:
- Pinan sandan
- Naihanchi sandan
6th stripe Kobudo:
- Odo nunchaku